Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

I'll let Wes story to his dad shine tonight because it's awesome, and he's the father. I 'm just peeved about something I would like to mention. On facebook there are a couple of comments about " Happy Father's day to all the good dad's out there" Or " to all the involved dad's out there" and I even 'liked" these because I know the women who wrote them and I get the get their point - there are some un involved dads out in the world my friends are dealing with some real jerks. I get it. But I didn't see this anywhere on Mother's day.

I know a lot of really great involved dads and I know some sketchy moms. But NO where on Mother's day did I see anyone qualify " Happy Mother's day" with " to all the involved mothers out there!!!".

I know I'm on the dad train right now, because I'm short one dad. Really though, can we just give dads in general enough credit not to have to qualify our appreciation of them? Mom's getting "happy birthing day " on thier kids birthdays, happy Mothers day to ALL the mothers out there. Dad's get " It's great that he's actual an involved dad!!"

I'm just saying.

Happy father's day to all the dad's out there. Especially the ones I love.

( SO I qualified it. It's my blog)

No comments: