Tuesday, June 15, 2010

i a woman

Said my two year old, looking me seriously in the eyes..
and this made me so happy. Why? Seriously, tears sprang to my eyes and and I felt all warm inside and hugged little bug super close.

Why?

Because my little baby is growing up and all the traits she has now, social, mimicking, fierce, strong, easily frustrated and easily consoled will all come with her and mellow and grow, sharpen and bend to make a grown up woman. That is so cool.

Maybe too because she will be a woman in the female sense, part of my tribe, changeable depending on the time of the month, with bubbas and other curves.

Maybe because the contrast of the word woman coming out of little mouth in that tiny sweet toddler voice is just touching.

It is a moment in time that I would like to remember. So here it is, recorded for posterity. I love you so much my little woman and I always, always, always will.

4 comments:

zoom said...

Awwww - I LOVE this post.

Kerry said...

I have always loved Nature Girl's strong tribal connection with her femaleness. From early on when she would link arms with me and say "it'll jus' be us GUUUURLS!" to her friendships, to her LOVE of Darkmirror's girlfriend Duckie.

So lucky to have a daughter!

Anne said...

Reading the above comment makes me feel all fuzzy.


But anyway. I think this post is made of win. Willow strikes me as such a strong little lady, I just love it to bits. That's how all girls should be!

red fraggle said...

Nature girl was the original adventure girl and she is lucky to have such strong awesome women in her life. She is strong one, WILLow and I hope she takes after her big sis in many ways as she grows. She's fierce. I like fierce.