Tuesday, March 24, 2009

To do

With the kids gone things are too quiet. I know, I said I didn't like too much noise, we need more space, I want some time to sit down ..
And now they are gone and I am spacey and weird - starting to fold the laundry only to wander and tidy the kids room and then do some dishes, eat a cookie, wander back to the laundry. I'm checking facebook way too much again. I think about how much I'd like to read but I can't sit still and besides, I should clean the kitty litter.

When the kids are here I'm busy and life is full by default. I miss their long lanky bounding. I miss morning cuddles and endless questions. I miss garbled movie descriptions. I miss having a reason to enjoy silly things like green food and table forts. ( We ate so much green food on st patty's day.. green eggs and ham people)

Yeesh. I just have to re set my schedule. I'll be happy when morning playgroup starts up tomorrow and we'll be back to our routine. Willow is clingy right now - I think she misses the extra kisses, sword fights and dino attacks. On the other hand she's chatting lots ( not in English mind you) happy to hear herself I think.

2 comments:

Oma said...

I felt bereft ... and so did Kenya ... that influx of energy and then the vaccuum ... check my blog ...

poetic justice said...

Me and The Old Man should visit again sometime. I mean, he's like a child right? More childish then anyone I know :P
And I like to think I'm good at acting.. Plus id love to have a mom like you.
HEY! You should adopt me! lol