Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labour day pictures

Often helpful when it comes to cleaning, Willow, shown here being stubborn, doesn't usually make much of a mess.

Unless her mom breaks out finger paints. "Uh, I'll just let you clean this up, 'kay, bye."
"Head on collision with a rollerblader." does not mean anything to someone less than two. So we made her walk on the grass instead of the bike path.
Willow and dolly contemplate how this soft-shoulder business is for chumps.
Daddy promises something exciting lives under the bridge. Could be trolls, could be ducks.
"Dug! Dug!" No, not 'dogs' but...
DUCKS! Willow got the 'loves ducks' gene from her mom.
Daddy may look like he's waiting patiently but really he was just tired. Notice the tour boat docked in the background. They're about as exciting as being stuck in line at the bank on your lunch hour. The crew locks up the life jackets just to keep tourists from bailing overboard after the first hour of brain-gouging monotony.
View from the mouth of the canal. You can see the national gallery, and that spiky thing on the hill to the left is the statue of Bruce Lee. Cut off on the extreme left is the bridge to Hull, so nothing much lost there.
Daddy helps collect some rocks. As I've said before I don't understand why baby clothes have functional pockets; all they do is collect breakfast scraps and earwigs.
Willow enjoyed riding standing up, like the guy strapped to the front of the Lord Humongous' car in Road Warrior.
Future occupation: cirque de soliel. Possibly Mythbuster.
Willow discovered this balloon left behind by a recently departed Ottawa U frosh crawl.
"Look daddy, I'm a frosh: I stagger when I walk, I barf without breaking stride and I'm attracted to breasts."
You may notice from the extremely low camera angle that I shot this on my back in the grass. Willow is thinking "Why are you so lazy, daddy? Get up and carry me some more!"
"That's okay mom. You have the raisins, I'll just keep lookin for the good snacks."
"Hey, there's a lovely bit of dirt over here!"
"Get moving chumps! Happy Labour Day!"

No comments: