Wednesday, November 16, 2011

life is not fair - just precious

Today I found out that another friend tried to end her life last night. We are not close - twitter friends who I have met once or twice but I want her to know that I love her. I love her because she is human and fallible and she is worthwhile because she exists. Not because she has her won business, cares about her children, sews, cooks, ensures the safety of babies and kids. None of those things matter. She is worthwhile because she is. simply. I hope she stays with us. I would miss her if she left. I am frustrated to read comments about how her children need her, how leaving would not be fair. I don't think she is trying to hurt her children. She is not dumb - she knows they need her. I don't know why she wanted to leave but I don't think blame will help. I could be wrong. I just had to get this out there - if I were a praying girl I would pray that she decides to stay, that she finds peace here with us. I would pray that she know that she is worthwhile because she is. I am thinking of you friend though I don't fully understand.

1 comment:

zoom said...

People can be so judgmental and self-righteous when other people attempt or commit suicide. It's not helpful or kind...or even fair.

I hope your friend finds a way to stay, too, and that she will someday be happy she did.