Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Auntie Jehnny





Is one amazing lady. I don't have pictures of her up here because they are frequently blurry - she never sits still. She's a surgical resident, a snowboarder, a surfer, a godmother, a daughter, a sister.. but the thing she does best of all in my estimation is be an aunt.

She is fun - full of energy and able to play. She is reliable and comes over when she says she will even though she works sometimes more than eighty hours a week. She is loving and inspirational, often ready with a pick me up speech for me or for Wes, or kind advice when we need it. She loves all of the kids with all of her heart.

When Willow was born the most astounding thing that I saw was my whirling dervish, busy planning, boarding, dancing, operating and inspiring sister sitting still. Sitting still to watch my daughter sleep.

I love my sister so much and am so happy that we are close. We are very different people. She was on students council in high school, captain of the well - every team! I hung out with the misfits under the stairs and named the environment club. She is a daredevil, I'm a homebody. She's a surgeon in the making - I had a midwife at my daughter's birth.

I'm so glad that the kids will benefit from this difference. Jehn can fill in the blanks. Take the kids snow boardiing, show them the other side of the argument. They can run away to her house when they're mad at me.

I love you auntie Jehnny!

2 comments:

Jehn Mihill said...

I love being an auntie...and I love being your sister! Thank you for the kind words but know that I am the one who is blessed to be part of your wonderful family. It is the one thing in my life that always brings me joy and never disapoints. Being an aunt (and step aunt) is something I did not work endless hours to get...and it is the thing i am most proud to be. xo

red fraggle said...

Its a win win sweetie! The "hippie sweater" is a hit btw.