Thursday, January 15, 2009

coffee grounds

I've been doing a lot of decluttering and re - organizing lately - with Wes and Emily's help of course, trying to make this place work for our family's changing needs. It's something I do whenever the kids leave. I get antsy.

Anyway, decluttering has been creating a lot of garbage and I started thinking about our garbage today ( ugh ) and for some reason, the coffee grounds we are throwing out were driving me crazy! So I found this cool website with alternative uses for coffee grounds. I don't think I'll be making a homemade tattoo with them any time soon - but a skin mask maybe.. or unclogging my drains. My drains are always clogged.

Check it out here : http://cocoajava.com/java_feature_coffee_grounds.html

I'll post pictures of the home improvements soon - and Arrow, we did change your room but it's awesome - there's much more usable space and nothing was thrown out or given away!

Edited to add: I've used the grounds on the drains and without knowing my new nit, Wes used them to age a map he made last night. I think not having TV, money or transportation ( what with the bus strike) makes us do odd, fun things!

3 comments:

Fräulein Eberg said...

Cupcake keeps the coffey grounds in one of our planting pots, supposidly plants LOVE them... so we use them for that (I think, am not sure, may be talking out of my a$$ - Cupcake admitedly does the work). All I know is my plants are looking good, and we have a pot full of coffey grounds beside them...

red fraggle said...

Yup - coffee is great for plants - except all my plants are dead. I can't keep anything less important then a cat alive indoors. : )

Fräulein Eberg said...

oh. is your thumb blacker than mine? am about to RIP Violent... remember Violent? yeah... I blame Cupcake... I think he killed her. oh well. one less thing for me to kill I guess!