Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Dad



I love you dad. I love camping trips in Algonquin park, the way you ate the too thick powdered eggs and made me carry the canoe. I love your love of good food, good wine, good scotch, good steak. I love your curly hair and red beard, your kind sometimes so intense eyes. I love your solid hugs, your firm hand holding mine, your strength. I love the way you held my daughter so still and patient, watching her sleep.

Thank you for the long talks, though we don't always agree, for the appreciation for the delicious and the beautiful. Thank you for your love, sometimes expressed in hugs, sometimes in microwaves and TVs.

I love you dad, and I always will. You live on in me, my sisters and the eyes of my daughter that smile back at me with a spark that I know is yours.

love always,

Kitten

1 comment:

zoom said...

Such a lovely tribute. I'm sorry you lost your Dad.