Monday, May 10, 2010

Precious time








The weekend before dad died, I was lucky enough to spend precious time with him and four of my sisters.

Sometimes, today, I am so mad that I won't get to spend more time with dad, that I will not share another meal with him or hear another of his stories. But i am trying very hard to focus on the good that has come from his life. My sisters are all amazing women and they are my dad's greatest gift to me.

Together, we can keep the family going, keep the stories and the memory of dad alive. We can make new memories, share laughter and support each other. Share meals and good wine.

To my sisters, I love all of you. I am holding you close in my thoughts. Thank you for your support ans for sharing tears and laughter ( sometimes so inapropriate ; ) ) with me these past weeks. Please know I cherish you.

No comments: