Saturday, May 22, 2010

things that make me happy

Lately life is a bit scary. Mostly when I stop doing. When I am busy at work or playing with Willow, pr cleaning or reading or making food I'm okay. Better than okay actually, very grateful to be alive and experiencing all of these things that make up life.

In the spaces in bween, when things slow down I am sometimes sad. Sometimes painfully sad and sometimes scared. Sad because I miss my dad and I know that I I will never hold his hand again and that this year, he won't show up with a Christmas tree and Lush soap, to sharea glass of wine and tell us stories about air traffic near disasters, his travels or the latest family gossip.

Sometimes in those spaces I get scared because I know that I am mortal now and death is not fair or patient or predictable.

When I'm scared and sad, momments like these carry me through.



4 comments:

Kerry said...

One of their special gifts to us is not leaving room for dwelling in the past, stay in the present and look forward.

Much love your way, give the entire process of grieving all the room and time it needs.

red fraggle said...

That is very true. Overall the kids MAKE me live in the moment, something that I am not all that good at sometimes.

There is no time for grieving - that i want to give but I hear it takes a while.

Thank you for your kind words = O really appreciate it.

zoom said...

Grief is a bittersweet thing - all the joy of what he brought to your life, and all the sadness that he's gone. Just remember you haven't lost his qualities and gifts. You have memories, values, genes, and all the subtle ways he contributed to the unique and wonderful person (and parent) you've become.

Like mudmama said, give the grieving process all the time and space it needs.

red fraggle said...

Thank you - this makes sense and helps.